Scientist – In Vivo Photometry and Physiology
MapLight Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
MapLight Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotech company founded by Stanford professors that focuses on drug discovery for central nervous system disorders. We combine cutting-edge technologies including optogenetics, in vivo photometry, and single-cell transcriptomics to identify novel drug targets and develop effective therapies to address psychiatric symptoms. We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist with expertise in optical methods for monitoring and manipulating in vivo neural circuits who will become a key contributor to our discovery team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team and translate knowledge about brain circuitry into transformative therapies.
- In vivo Ca2+ photometry, analysis and data interpretation
- Optogenetics and stereotaxic surgery for virus injection/cannula implantation
- Behavioral characterization in mouse relevant to CNS indications
- Behavioral pharmacology and drug administration
- Immunohistochemistry and confocal imaging
- PhD from an accredited university in a discipline related to neuroscience with significant industry and/or academic lab experience
- Ability to lead and carry out experiments independently
- Experience with in vivo calcium photometry and analysis is necessary
- Experience with optogenetics, in vivo physiology, and mouse models of psychiatric disorders is highly desired
- Strong working familiarity with rodent brain anatomy and functional neural circuitry
- Must work cooperatively in a goal-oriented team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel
- Passion to contribute to the success of a cutting-edge company