Who We Are:
MapLight Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotech company that focuses on drug discovery for central nervous system disorders. We combine cutting-edge technologies including optogenetics, in vivo physiology, and spatial transcriptomics to identify novel drug targets and develop effective therapies to address psychiatric symptoms.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant’s primary responsibilities include ensuring an accurate and timely month-end close. This includes recording journal entries, reconciling accounts and preparing a monthly reporting package. The Senior Accountant will also assist in the financial statement audit. The structure of the Finance and Accounting department allows for fluidity in role responsibilities; making this a great opportunity to gain experience with complex accounting issues and make an impact on molding our best practices, while also mastering the ins and out of our accounting and reporting processes.
- Oversee the daily general accounting activities to monitor the general ledger to ensure an accurate and timely month-end and year-end close.
- Prepare / review certain balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure accuracy of postings.
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to assist in preparing financial statements and complete annual external audit and periodic other audits.
- Develop, establish, and maintain general accounting financial policies and procedures and work with management and employees to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate regarding non-routine reporting transactions.
- Special projects as assigned.
We consider these behaviors we seek in all ML employees.
- You can participate and work effectively with multiple cross-functional teams.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and understand relationships are key to being successful.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you, and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.
- You’re a team player who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in public accounting (tech, biotech or pharmaceutical client base)
- Biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Proficient with US GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, accountable and motivated to succeed.
MapLight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.