Director/Sr. Director Project Management
MapLight Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Contact info: email@example.com
MapLight Therapeutics is looking for a Project Manager to help drive the development of our early-stage assets as we plan for NDA filings.
This position is a critical team member of the development team and will be required to work across functional departments of the project team to provide a cohesive development plan. Reporting to the VP of Clinical Operations, this position will have the opportunity to build a Project Management team as the company grows.
- Organize and partner with Program Lead working with cross functional teams to meet successful milestones, completion of project and MapLight Therapeutics business objectives, as well as assisting the team in meeting program level challenges from timelines of pre-IND through NDA submission.
- Lead projects of varying size and complexity and tailor the project management tools according to the scope of the project.
- Support a variety of projects ranging from new product development to technology infrastructure depending on the priorities of the rapidly expanding MapLight business.
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, and resource tracking for assigned projects. Ensure timely and effective stakeholder communication on progress and potential issues.
- In collaboration with Program Lead, drive strategic discussion across functions related to timing of project work related to resource and budget.
- Assist Finance in overall project costs as needed.
- Develop project risk management plans and ensure key risks are mitigated and work with departmental leadership to determine if additional resources are needed to ensure successful project execution.
- Ensure alignment between core teams and stakeholders.
- Work with core team to maintain and develop Design and Project History Files.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with applicable company policies and procedures.
- Develop appropriate tools for tracking project and deliverable status and ensuring accountability.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced degree in a scientific field is a plus
- PMP certification preferred but not required
- 10+ years in a pharmaceutical or biotech development department
- 5+ years of experience working with and managing projects in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry to include processes of scope development, assist with cost estimating, scheduling, quality control, risk management, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work across several functions including (but not limited to) Clinical, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Pre-clinical, CMC, Quality and Drug Discovery for the purposes of managing processes in the bullet above.
- Proficiency with one or more project management scheduling tools (e.g. MS Project) and MS Office
- Experience with leading teams in all phases of the development process from IND enabling workstreams through NDA submission planning.
- Ability to engage and influence cross-functional colleagues without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong organizational, planning and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Demonstrated experience with people management or mentoring.
- This position is remote however some travel (up to 20%) may be necessary for company meetings