Director of Clinical Pharmacology
MapLight Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotech company that focuses on drug discovery for central nervous system disorders. We combine cutting-edge technologies including optogenetics, in vivo physiology, and spatial transcriptomics to identify novel drug targets and develop effective therapies to address neurological and psychiatric symptoms.
We are looking for a dynamic scientist to help build our Clinical Pharmacology/DMPK group and who is interested in working with driven and committed colleagues in a culture of skill, efficiency and directness to help move forward exciting new drug candidates to make a real difference for unmet medical needs in the area of neuroscience and psychiatry.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in clinical projects teams to move forward new drug candidates from pre-IND through submission
- Contribute to design of P1, 2 and 3 studies and associated clinical documents and reports
- Analysis, interpretation, and reporting of clinical PK and PD results
- Responsible for scientific justification of nonclinical and clinical dose selections
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and interactions with Health Authorities (written and oral)
- PK and PK/PD modelling skills in translational sciences and late stage clinical development using software commonly used in the field of model-informed drug development (e.g. NONMEM, R, GASTROPLUS, Simcyp, Monolix)
- Excellent publication record
PhD degree in pharmaceutical sciences or related field with in-depth knowledge of PK, PD and pharmacology
> 5 yrs in drug development
- Industry experience in DMPK for small molecules
- Experience with bioanalytical assays
Location: Fully remote
MapLight Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristics.