RA and SRA Positions in Discovery Neuroscience
Research Associates and Senior RAs with expertise in behavioral neuroscience who will become key contributors to our discovery team.
MapLight Therapeutics is a start-up company founded by Stanford professors that focuses on drug discovery for central nervous system disorders. We combine cutting-edge technologies including optogenetics and single-cell transcriptomics to identify novel drug targets and develop effective therapies to address psychiatric symptoms. We are seeking highly motivated Research Associates and Senior RAs with expertise in behavioral neuroscience who will become key contributors to our discovery team. The position requires rodent handling, dosing, behavioral characterization and stereotaxic surgery as well as excellent communication and organizational skills in order to effectively drive a significant and complex workload. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team and translate knowledge about brain circuitry into transformative therapies.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Behavioral characterization in mouse relevant to CNS indications
- Working familiarity with automated video tracking systems
- Drug administration (rodent IP, SC, PO)
- Stereotaxic surgery for virus injection/cannula implantation
- Immunohistochemistry and confocal imaging
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from an accredited university in a discipline related to neuroscience with significant industry and/or academic lab experience
- Ability to design and carry out experiments with limited supervision
- Experience with rodent behavior is necessary
- Experience with optogenetics and/or small animal surgeries is highly desired
- Organized and detailed-oriented with ability to communicate results effectively
- Must work cooperatively in a goal-oriented team environment
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel
- Passion to contribute to the success of a cutting-edge company
MapLight Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.