MapLight was incorporated in November 2018 as Alvarado Therapeutics, Inc. In August 2019, we rebranded to MapLight Therapeutics, Inc. embracing our scientific platform and key pillars to identifying and developing therapeutics for brain disease. We are a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing novel therapies for diseases of the central nervous system with high unmet medical need. Our drug discovery platform is a precise and fundamentally novel way to discover and develop drugs for the treatment of brain disorders.
Our operations are headquartered in Redwood City, California, and key personnel on both coasts.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Manager’s primary responsibilities include ensuring an accurate and timely month-end close. This includes recording journal entries, reconciling accounts, and preparing a monthly reporting package.
- Oversee the daily general accounting activities to monitor the general ledger to ensure an accurate and timely month-end and year-end close.
- Prepare/review certain balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure accuracy of postings.
- Produce monthly financial statements.
- Work closely with the CFO to complete annual external audit and periodic other audits.
- Develop, establish, and maintain general accounting financial policies and procedures and work with management and employees to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate regarding non-routine reporting transactions.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Capabilities
- Proficient with US GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, accountable, and motivated to succeed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in public accounting (tech or biotech client base)
- Industry experience a plus
If you are interested in making meaningful contributions to an exciting company developing breakthrough therapeutics, we encourage you to submit your resume.
MapLight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions will not be based on race, color and ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, family or parental status, disability, medical history, genetic information, or any basis prohibited by applicable law. Employment decisions will be based on an applicant’s merit and qualifications, the position requirements, and our business needs.